Members of the Rutgers Community:
Collaboration and resource-sharing are essential in higher education, especially for major initiatives such as the transition to Canvas as the university’s official learning management system. With that in mind, I am pleased to announce that Rutgers has become a member of Unizin, a leading nonprofit higher education consortium.
Unizin is comprised of 27 institutions with a shared mission of delivering innovative learning technology to faculty and students, sharing knowledge and resources, and designing solutions for the future of higher education.
The advantages of joining Unizin include:
- Creating common standards for learning technologies like Canvas.
- Collaborating with leading institutions like the University of Florida, Ohio State University, Penn State University, the University of Michigan, and others.
- Having a forum to discuss advancements in the ever-changing digital teaching and learning landscape with our peers.
- Improving the learner experience with teaching and learning analytics and resources.
- Leveraging the consortium’s size and reach to negotiate favorable licensing terms for member institutions.
Barbara A. Lee
Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Michele L. Norin
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer