Annual Review 2020-2021
Enhanced Education Technology
Getting creative with Adobe Creative Cloud
- 10,000 Total Adobe accounts activated in the first month of availability
- Rutgers recently began offering Adobe Creative Cloud—a suite of more than a dozen apps for video editing, photography, web design, and more—to all faculty, students, and staff.
Video tutorials with LinkedIn Learning
Thousands of free video tutorials are available right at your fingertips with LinkedIn Learning. Rutgers students, staff, and faculty can pick up new skills and expand their horizons with course topics like Adobe, time management, leadership, and more.
As of Spring 2021, 90% of all course sections that used an LMS were featured on Canvas. Other updates include:
- Effectively completed the Blackboard to Canvas piece of the transition. Over 5,500 Blackboard courses were migrated to Canvas and all Rutgers–Newark courses are now on Canvas.
- Migrated more than 6,300 Sakai courses to Canvas within the 2020-2021 fiscal year
- 18,711 course sections provisioned on Canvas in Spring 2021, with 9,157 of those sections published
- University replaced ProctorTrack and ProctorU with Respondus Monitor, a fully automated digital proctoring tool for online assessments
In an effort to streamline information technology support at Rutgers, the OIT Help Desk now provides technical assistance for Canvas and Sakai. You can now call one phone number, 833-OIT-HELP, for help with everything from Canvas to Zoom, Rutgers Connect, and NetIDs.
Exploring the Rutgers Software Portal
The Rutgers Software Portal is the place to go to download software programs that have been preapproved for use at Rutgers, often at major discounts or no cost at all. Find software that handles everything from academic research to office productivity.
Software orders processed
Software licenses issued
Computers across campuses
Office of Information Technology computer labs provide students and other Rutgers community members access to PCs, Macs, printing, and more. The labs are distributed across Rutgers campuses and draw large user numbers.