The following message was sent to the university community on March 1, 2019.
Members of the Rutgers Community:
I am pleased to share a key milestone in the transition to Canvas as Rutgers’ official learning management system—a revamped website devoted exclusively to Canvas documentation, resources, and support:
By moving from multiple systems to a single, university-wide learning management system (LMS), we will be fostering collaboration, reducing complexity, and simplifying the learning and teaching experience for Rutgers students and faculty. This new website will be an essential tool in assisting the Rutgers community as we make the transition to Canvas.
Canvas is known for its ease of use, flexibility, and mobile capabilities, and we have implemented these same features in the revamped Rutgers Canvas website. The new site features:
- a simplified overall experience for faculty, students, and staff
- streamlined content, navigation menus, and page layouts
- increased visibility of key Canvas features
- a modern look and feel
Additionally, an Executive Steering Committee comprised of faculty, staff, and students has been formed and charged with providing oversight and guidance for the transition to Canvas. A kickoff meeting has been scheduled for later this month.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you are interested in getting started with course migrations, please contact:
- Rutgers University–Newark: email@example.com
- Rutgers University–Camden: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rutgers University–New Brunswick and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences: email@example.com or your local instructional support group
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer