The Rutgers–New Brunswick OIT Computer Labs have a wide selection of software available on their computers so that lab patrons can meet their varying computing needs.
We have computers that are running the Windows 10 operating system, as well as computers that are running macOS 10.12 (Sierra). Our main locations (Loree, Rutgers Academic Building, Allison Road Classroom, and Tillett) have computers that dual-boot — i.e., they have both Windows 10 and macOS — giving patrons the luxury of choosing their desired operating system without switching computers.
How the service might be used:
Available lab software includes:
- Productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Office 2016 Suite, Adobe Creative Suite 6, etc…)
- Communication software (various internet browsers, file transfer programs, and instant messaging applications, etc…)
- Multimedia software (audio software, video players, imaging software, etc…)
- Various utilities (CD/DVD creators, file compression applications, etc…)
- Course-specific software (e.g., ArcGIS, Maple, MatLab, Mathematics, NetBeans, SPSS, etc…)
- ADA Adaptive Software (e.g. JAWS, Kurzweil 3000, etc…)
For a full list of our current available software, please visit our Standard Operating Environment page.
How to request this service:
Rutgers students, faculty, staff and guests with valid NetIDs can access the wide range of available lab software simply by logging in to any of the lab computers.
Lab software is available during all times that the computer labs are open and operating. Please visit our Computer Labs page to see when the lab nearest you is open.
Questions/comments regarding lab software at the OIT computer labs can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org