The planned maintenance for the Hill Data Center has been completed. Any Rutgers information technology services and systems that may have been affected are in the process of being restored. If you run into any technical issues, please contact the Office of Information Technology Help Desk.
A number of Rutgers information technology services and systems hosted in the Hill Data Center will be unavailable March 20-21, 2021, due to planned enhancements, maintenance, and repairs. This work will reduce the risk of outages and make it easier to conduct data center maintenance without major interruptions.
To safely and effectively complete these repairs and accomplish the required maintenance activities, data center services will be offline for approximately 24 to 36 hours, beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday, March 20. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Information Technology Help Desk.
The following services hosted in Hill Data Center will be unavailable:
- Mailman (ad-hoc mass emailing service)
- Nagios Service Monitoring (Rutgers IT network monitoring service)
- RAMS (Rutgers’ official mass emailing service)
- RUWireless guest account creation
Services hosted in the Hill Data Center for the following academic, administrative, and research departments will be unavailable:
- Chemistry, Protein Data Bank, Proteomics
- Dining Services (New Brunswick)
- Division of Continuing Studies
- Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
- Internal Auditing
- New Brunswick Information Technology Services (Departments within Rutgers–New Brunswick Chancellor’s Office)
- Office of Advanced Research Computing (various services in Newark and Camden)
- Risk Management
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Clinical and Education)
- School of Arts and Sciences (New Brunswick)
- School of Communications and Information (New Brunswick)
- Statistics (New Brunswick)
The following services hosted in Hill Data center may be degraded or intermittently unavailable:
- Automated emails involving applications, software, printers, and other network devices (Mail Relay Service)
- RUWireless and RUWireless Secure