About the community
In 2018, the Information Technology Leadership Council (ITLC), led by Senior Vice President and CIO Michele Norin, established a Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) sub-committee to advance the understanding, and promotion of, project and portfolio management best practices. The committee surveyed IT professionals throughout the university to gain a better understanding of the Rutgers IT project management landscape, and to begin to build a community of practice.
The primary goal of the community is to provide an inclusive and collaborative environment for project management practitioners to share best practices, methodologies and expertise. This group will seek collective advancement to achieve greater success in IT projects and balancing of IT project portfolios.
Benefits of joining the community:
- Leverage existing knowledge and work product
- Nurture acquisition of new knowledge
- Share best practices and methodologies in project and portfolio management
- Decreased learning curves
- Stimulate innovation
- More rapid response to client needs
- Enhanced solutions offered
- Personal and professional growth
- Mentoring and training in PPM
- Organizational models for PPM
- Competency development in PPM