Sign up for a Webex Account:
- Faculty, Staff and Students can log into the Service Activation page with your NetID and password
- Select the option for “Rutgers Webex”
- Click the “Activate Services” button
- After activation, wait 15 minutes before logging into https://rutgers.webex.com/
- Guests who are interested in activating a Webex account should refer to the following page regarding guest access to Webex.
What Webex is right for me?
- Meeting Center – Fully participatory meetings for up to 1000 people.
- Event Center – Up to 10 people presenting to up to 3000 people with chat back
- Training Center – Up to 10 people presenting to a group of up to 1000 people with break out rooms and enhanced chat back
- For more information, please visit our Webex Suite Comparison Guide.
How do I join Webex?
- If you have scheduled a meeting or been invited to a meeting, you will receive an email with directions on how to join a meeting:
How do I start a meeting?
- If you are trying to start a meeting, sign into https://rutgers.webex.com/ and select the “Start a Meeting” button on your home screen:
How can I keep my meeting secure?
- You can learn about keeping your Webex meetings secure on our Best Practices for Secure Webex Meetings page.
You can record meetings, events and training
- To record in Webex, click the record button
- Please note: It may take up to 24 hrs for your meeting to appear in the list of available recordings
- For additional information, please read our documentation on Recording a Meeting
Webex Best Practices
- Connect a few minutes early, if possible, to allow time for setup.
- Keep your device (phone, computer, etc.) on mute unless you are speaking.
- If you are sharing content from your device during a meeting, it is best practice to share an individual application instead of your entire screen. This will prevent attendees from accidentally seeing private/sensitive data you may have open on your device.
- For more information on Webex best practices, please visit our Best Practices for Web Conferencing guide and the Cisco Webex guide.
- As the host of a meeting, you may want to adjust your participant settings for the meeting. These can be changed throughout the meeting if needed:
- Tips for connecting with a slow/weak internet connection
- If no one can hear you, please make sure you are not muted. At the button of your screen you will be able to see if your microphone has been muted. A red icon means your microphone is currently muted, a grey icon means people in the meeting should be able to hear you.