You can schedule a meeting using a shared account through the following methods:
- The Webex advanced scheduler
Go to the Webex website (https://rutgers.webex.com) and log in with your personal Webex account.
Navigate to the Webex Meetings option in the navigation bar and then select Schedule a Meeting.
- On the “Schedule a Meeting Page”, select the Advanced Scheduler option.
- In the “Schedule for” section, use the drop-down menu to select the shared account you would like to schedule the meeting for.
To schedule a meeting for a shared Webex account in Outlook you will need to ensure you have the Webex Meeting Desktop App. Directions on how to download the Webex Meeting Desktop App can be found on the FAQ page.
- You will also need to have full access to the shared resource email account in Rutgers Connect before you can schedule meetings for the shared account via Outlook. If you are unsure if you have full access to the shared resource email account, please contact your Rutgers Connect domain admin.
- To schedule the meeting, open Outlook and go to the Calendar section.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see a list of all the calendars you have access to. Select the shared resource email account you are attempting to schedule a meeting for. Note: We suggest closing/deselecting other calendars that you are not using while attempting to schedule a meeting for a shared account.
- Once you have the desired calendar open, select the Schedule Meeting option in the ribbon located at the top of the screen.
- The first time you attempt to schedule a meeting for a shared account, you will be presented with meeting options for the account.
- Outlook will then present you with the normal options for scheduling a meeting. You will see an additional line in the body of the calendar invite message that says “Do not delete or change any of the following text. A Webex meeting has been added. Meeting details will replace this section after you save or send this invitation.” It is very important that you do not change or alter that text. This is how the meeting details are shared with those invited to your meeting.