Webex is a set of tools designed for personal and corporate collaboration. It is used to connect to others, typically through the internet, and allows communication with audio, video, text chat, file sharing, whiteboard, and other features.Link to this Answer
Faculty/staff and students can activate personal Webex accounts can be activated through the “Service Activation” activation option on https://netid.rutgers.edu/index.htm.
Guests who are interested in activating a Webex account should refer to the following page regarding guest access to Webex.Link to this Answer
The Rutgers Enterprise License Agreement provides multiple services in one package. Meeting Center, Training Center, and Event Center.
Link to this Answer
To log in to a personal Webex account:
- Navigate to https://rutgers.webex.com/.
- In the upper right-hand corner, select the “Sign In” option. Log in using your NetID and password.
There is no functionality to log directly into a shared Webex account. For information regarding accessing a shared Webex account, please review the Shared account page.Link to this Answer
Webex uses the Central Authentication System (CAS). This means you should be logging into your personal Webex account using your Rutgers NetID and password. If you have forgotten your NetID password, you can reset it at Manager NetID password page located at https://netid.rutgers.edu/loginView.htm.Link to this Answer
Your Webex Personal Room is your own virtual conference space that you can use for meetings at anytime. Your Webex Personal Room is always available, you don’t have to book it, and you always know where to find it.
Share your link with someone to start an instant meeting with them. A Personal Room includes the following benefits:
- Your Personal Room is always in the same place; the URL, video address, and call-in numbers never change.
- Participants using video systems or Cisco Webex room devices or desk devices can also join if their Webex Meetings account allows them to join meetings from video devices.
- A virtual waiting room or lobby where people wait if they try to join your Personal Room meeting ahead of time or you have locked your Personal Room.
In Webex Meetings, you can invite people to meetings in your Personal Room:
- Share your Personal Room link in messages. Go to My Webex > Preferences > My Personal Room to find the URL of your Personal Room.
- Start Cisco Webex instant meetings with Meet Now or Schedule Meeting (from the Microsoft Outlook calendar or Cisco Webex Productivity Tools panel).
- Start a Webex Personal Room meeting from your Webex site.
- Meeting Center – Fully participatory meetings with up to 1025 attendees.
- Training Center – A few to many education, e-learning , and training application that has up to 1,000 attendees.
- Event Center – A one to many application for large scale events with up to 3,000 attendees.
Additional information on collaboration help can be found at:
Webex should not be used to conduct business related to Protected Health Information as it is not HIPAA compliant.Link to this Answer
No, a camera or a microphone is not required to attend a Webex meeting. A camera can be used if you would like attendees to be able to see you face-to-face but you can also just share your computer screen or use only the audio portion. With every Webex meeting, users have the option to dial in using a regular telephone if they do not have a microphone on their computer.
Most PC-compatible cameras should work with Webex.
Link to this Answer