Android fully manual setup
- If you currently have the SecureW2 Android App (JoinNow MultiOS) please uninstall it from your phone.
- Go into WiFi settings and press and hold on RUWireless Secure and RUWireless and select forget network.
- Navigate to wifi.rutgers.edu in the browser of your choice, but this time at the bottom please set “Select your device” to Unknown.
- From the list of CA Certificates, please download the first one labeled “USERTrust RSA Certification Authority ( Jan 18 2038 )”
- Once this certificate has downloaded it should prompt you for your device password (if applicable) then it will install. If it does not please select it within your notification bar. When installing the certificate please enter a name of your choosing for easy identification, and set “Used for” to WiFi and then touch ok.
- In WiFi settings, select “Add Network” and enter the information below.
Network name: RUWireless Secure
Security: 802.1x EAP
EAP method: TTLS
Phase 2 authentication: PAP
CA Certificate: (the previously downloaded certificate from step 5)
Identity: Your Rutgers NetID
Anonymous identity: leave this field blank
Password: Your Rutgers NetID Password
If you are on Android 9 or greater:
Hidden Network: Yes
- Make sure “Auto Reconnect” is selected then touch Connect
If you are unable to connect after trying the two methods above, please contact the OIT Help Desk.