If the standard setup instructions do not allow you to connect, please try the steps below, then the fully manual setup instructions.
Android semi-manual setup
Please Note: If you were previously on the RUWireless network and clicked “I have a NetID and Password” you will need to wait about five minutes for the session to timeout.
In lieu of using the RUWireless network, this process can also be completed on mobile data, if doing so please skip to step four.
- Open your WiFi settings and select RUWireless from the list of available wireless networks.
- Open your web browser and you should be redirected automatically to the page below, if you are not please go to wifi.rutgers.edu and click “I want Guest Internet Access”
- Accept the terms and conditions of Guest Access
- Navigate to wifi.rutgers.edu in the browser of your choice, then click “Download” next to step 1.
- When you tap on “Download” the Google Play Store will open and you will need to select “Install.”
- If so prompted, accept the applications’ permission requests.
- Go into the JoinNow MultiOS application and touch “Search and Setup New Network.”
- Enter “rutgers.edu” (without the quotation marks) into the Domain field and leave the Code field blank, then press continue. It may take some time to locate the necessary configurations.
- Touch the option RUWirelessSecure (it should be the third option down).
- Enter your NetID and Password when prompted then press continue.
- You should be notified when the configuration is successful allowing you to access RUWireless Secure in all supported locations.
If you are unable to connect after trying the method above, please try to attempt manual setup.