Outlook Web Access (OWA) Login
1) Log into your Rutgers Connect account and go to Mail.
2) You will need to be in the expanded folders view to access the shared folders feature. If you do not see a complete list of your folders on the left-hand side of your screen, select the more option located under the Folders heading.
3) Right-click “Folder” and select “Add shared folder” from the menu.
4) Type in the email address of the resource that shared the folder, then click “Add.”
5) The account should be listed in the left pane. Click the account name to see the folders from that account that have been shared with you.
Add a shared mailbox to Outlook
After your admin has added you as a member of a shared mailbox, close and then restart Outlook. The shared mailbox should automatically display in your Folder pane in Outlook.
What if it didn’t work?
1) If your admin only recently added you to a shared mailbox, it may take a few minutes before the shared mailbox appears. Wait a bit and then close and restart Outlook again.
2) If that didn’t work, then manually add the shared mailbox to Outlook:
- Open Outlook.
- Choose the File tab in the ribbon.
- Choose Account Settings, then select Account Settings from the menu.
- Select the Email tab.
- Make sure the correct account is highlighted, then choose Change.
- Choose More Settings > Advanced > Add.
- Type the shared email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose OK > OK.
- Choose Next > Finish > Close.