There is currently only one suggested method of moving data from a Rutgers Connect account to a ScarletMail account. This process can be used for retirees or guests who are preparing to transition from Rutgers Connect to ScarletMail.
To export the data you will need to download the G Suite Migration Tool. To use this tool you will need access to:
- Your ScarletMail account
- A Microsoft Exchange Profile or an export of your Rutgers Connect account in a PST file. Information on how to create a PST file can be found at:
- Windows XP (32 bit), Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit) or Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2013 or Microsoft Outlook 2016® (32 and 64 bit)
This tool will allow you to import mail, calendars and personal contacts from your Rutgers Connect account to your ScarletMail account.
1. Download the G Suite Migration tool from https://tools.google.com/dlpage/outlookmigration
2. After the tool finishes downloading, you can open it by searching for “G Suite Migration for Microsoft Outlook” from the Windows Start menu.
3. The tool will then prompt you to enter in your email address, please enter in your ScarletMail address. You will then be prompted to log into your account using the standard Rutgers Central Authentication Service (CAS) page.
4. The G Suite Migration tool will provide you with the data they would like to access in order to complete the migration. Click “allow” if you wish to continue with the migration.
5. The tool will then ask you to select if you would like to migrate data from a Microsoft Outlook profile or a PST file. If you have performed a migration previously, you will be able to choose whether you would like to migrate all data or only new data since your last migration.
6. You will then select the data you wish to migrate. Please note that the “Contacts” option will only import your personal contacts, not the global address book. Select the “Migrate” button when you are ready to begin your migration.
7. After you select “Migrate” you will see a migration status screen. This screen will show you your migration’s process. You will be able to see the number of items migrated in each section and the number of items remaining.
- Please note that migration can take several hours to complete.
- You can use the “pause migration” button if you need to temporarily stop your migration
- The Migration log file link found on the status page will alert you to any errors that might have occurred during your migration.
8. Log into your ScarletMail account to confirm your data has migrated properly.