1. Open the Settings app and check if there are any mail account configurations connecting to Office 365.
2. If an Exchange mail account connecting to outlook.office365.com is found, delete it. Failure to delete this may cause the compliance check to fail, or to get stuck on the “Checking compliance” step. New mail account settings will be downloaded automatically after the device is secured.
3. Open the App Store. Find and install the Intune Company Portal app and enroll the device. An Apple ID account will be required to download and install the app.
4. Manually navigate to the Profiles section of the Settings app (Settings > General > Profiles)
5. When in device settings, there should be an Install Downloaded Profile blade with a red circle badge. You have 8 minutes to install the profile or the badge will disappear. After about 15 minutes the profile is removed from the device and enrollment must be restarted.
6. Follow the prompts to complete device enrollment, iOS Management Profile installation, compliance, and activation. You may be required to change the device’s passcode.
Note: This section of the Settings app may be named differently depending on profiles currently on the device.
7. Once a Management Profile is installed, the name of the section changes to “Device Management”.
- Select “Install Profile” on the Downloaded Management Profile
- Select “Install” on the upper right hand of the Management Profile details page and follow prompts to install profile
- Select “Trust” on the Remote Management prompt
8. Manually navigate back to Company Portal app to finish workflow
9. After a compliant passcode has been entered, the device will be secured and access to e-mail, calendar, and University data will be granted. The Office 365 Exchange mail settings will be automatically configured.
10. If the mobile device has been previously configured to access Rutgers email through Exchange you must remove the old exchange settings as illustrated.
11. Press the Home button to return to the Home screen.
12. The Apple iOS mobile device configuration is now complete.
- If the compliance check screen remains for more than 5 minutes, force-close the Company Portal app.
- Proceed to step 1 and 2 to check and remove any existing Office 365 account configurations.
- After completing steps 1 and 2, reopen the Company Portal app and follow the prompts to continue enrollment.
- When opening the Company Portal app, you can force the device to check compliance by tapping on the device and “Check Settings”.
- If enrollment stops and remains at this screen, tap the refresh icon to continue.