Any faculty member, full-time staff member, or graduate assistant whose information has been entered into the payroll system (“on-boarded”) and approved by University Human Resources can activate a NetID. If the faculty/staff member needs an an active NetID before the entry is approved, the departmental payroll person can apply for an emergency NetID.
Please note the following before submitting a request:
- Please do everything possible to complete the HR on-boarding process before requesting emergency assistance.
- It is expected that you will work with the department and/or HR to resolve any outstanding issues within 30 days.
- Emergency NetID process cannot accommodate new employees that do not yet have a Social Security Number (SSN).
- Please verify the exact spelling of the new employee’s first name, last name, and personal email address, as well as SSN and date of birth. Errors and inaccurate information may lead to data conflicts and consistency problems when on-boarding is completed.
- It is recommended that new employees be on-boarded as soon as possible and well in advance of their start date. On-boarding can be performed several months in advance of the start date.
- HR can only approve a request to hire after all the necessary data has been submitted. This includes, but is not limited to, first name, last name, date of birth, SSN, and an offer letter signed both by the unit and by the new employee.
- The I9 may be completed several months in advance of an employee’s start date and MUST be completed within 3 days of the employee’s first day of work. HR will approve a hire request before the I9 is completed.
How the service might be used:
An emergency NetID can be temporarily used just as a NetID to access many of the electronic services available to you at Rutgers.
How to request this service:
A departmental Human Resources representative or a hiring authority may request an Emergency NetID for a user.
For assistance, please contact the OIT Help Desk at 833-648-4357 .