Game Consoles, Smart TVs and streaming devices can be connected to the Rutgers Residential Network (ResNet).
In order to connect a wired device to ResNet, you must have an ethernet cord connecting your device to the black or grey port in your room. If your device does not have an ethernet port you may purchase an adapter to use for a wired connection.
To configure your wired device for Resnet please call the Rutgers Help Desk at 848-445-HELP (4357) and provide the consultant with the following information:
- Your NetID
- Type of Device
- Campus, Building, & Room Number
- Wired Mac Address of device/adapter
For wireless-only devices, such as Google Home or Amazon Echo products, please call the Help Desk at 848-445-HELP (4357) for instructions.
Locating a device’s MAC address is dependent on its manufacturer. Below is a list of commonly used devices and instructions on how to locate the MAC address.
Streaming Media Devices
- On the main menu navigate to “Settings”
- Click on “Network”
- Navigate to “View Connection Status”
- Here you will see the Wifi Mac Address and the Ethernet Mac Address
- For the purposes of 802.1x Mac Address Bypass, we will need the Ethernet Mac Address.
- If you have the first time to turn on an Xbox One device, you could try the
- If you have been signed into your profile on the Console following to locate it without registering your device.
- Run through the system set up like you normally would, and let it fail
- Select “Fix It” to use the troubleshooter to diagnose the issue, and It will show you the MAC address.
- Reach the main menu screen, navigate to My Games & Apps.
- Select Settings > Network > AdvanceYou will see the Wired/wireless
- MAC Address in the right side of the page.
- Select System Settings from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down through the menu and select Internet.
- The Nintendo Switch console’s MAC address will be listed under System MAC Address.
- Go to Settings > General > Network. The mac address will be listed as “Ethernet Address”
- Go to Settings > Network > Status. The mac address will be listed.
- The mac address is printed on the bottom or back of the Roku player.
- Alternatively, from the Roku home screen, select Settings > About. The mac address will be displayed.